We all know the look. The shattered, piecey, effortless look. And though it looks so effortless, we all know there’s more effort behind it than it appears! What are some of the most helpful hints to achieve this look?
- Get yourself a nice 1 inch curling iron. You can purchase the one I use here.
- Be sure to adjust the heat settings on your iron – if your hair holds a curl well, turn the heat down. If your hair is more resistant to curl, turn the heat up.
- Take roughly 1-1.5 inch sections.
- Use the curling iron to clamp the hair near the base of the hair strands! (That’s right! Do not clamp it towards the ends of the hair and attempt to roll up with the iron.)
- Do not curl the hair all they way to the ends. Rather, leave the ends out or even straighten them to keep a piecey look on the ends.
- Alternate curling the sections of hair towards and away from your face, but always curl the front pieces away from your face.
- Use a good texture spray and spray UP into the hair, holding the can at least 6 inches away. (As always, Kenra’s Dry Texture Spray is my go to!)
- Be sure to shake the hair out well at the end!
These are some of the most helpful hints that I have picked up along the way. This look would be perfect for a rockin’ night out in Nashville!